CITY ORGAN RECITAL
Tuesday 26 September, 20:15 Great or St. Bavo Church
City organist Jos van der Kooy and organ students othe Royal Conservaoire in The Hague.
Concert by Jos van der Kooy, city organist, and organists Jan Pieter Lanooy, Floris van Gils, Iddo van der Giessen.
From 19.40 Jos van der Kooy will introduce the programme in the choir of the church.
This year it is 125 years ago that Hendrik Andriessen was born and in 2017 it is the centenary year of Albert de Klerk. In the Andriessen De Klerk Festival en in association with the Andriessen De Klerk FoundationStichting this concert is devoted to both these masters from Haarlem. Three young organists, Iddo van der Giessen, Floris van Gils en Jan Pieter Lanooy play compositions by Andriessen and De Klerk. They are studying with Jos van der Kooy at the Royal Conservatoire in The Hague. They will take part with this music in the masterclass given by Gemma Coebergh during the festival. In addition Van der Kooy will include works by two contemporaries: Anthon van der Horst and Flor Peeters. Van der Horst was De Klerk’s teacher after Andriessen.. The Belgian Flor Peeters was a friend of Albert’s father, Jos de Klerk. The De Klerk family had settled in Haarlem from Belgium during the First World War, Albert was born in Haarlem in 1917.
- Prelude en Fuga (1940) – Albert de Klerk (1917-1998)
- Partite diverse sopra Ó nostre Dieu et Seigneur amiable’ (Psaume 8) (1944) – Anthon van der Horst (1899-1965)
- Premier Choral (1913) – Hendrik Andriessen (1891-1981)
- Passacaglia e Fuga (1938) – Flor Peeters (1903-1986)
- Movements from Inventionen (1945) – Albert de Klerk
- Fête-Dieu (1918) – Hendrik Andriessen
Location: Great or St.-Bavo Church, Grote Markt 22, 2011 RD Haarlem